Product Description & Main Application :
Samic Maxima Gold SAE 10W-40 API CI-4 is high performance diesel engine oil formulated with highly refined base stocks and advanced technology additives to provide reliable performance in the latest emission designs, including those with EGR systems, as well as satisfying the needs of older engines. It may be used in naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesel and petrol engines, providing excellent protection even under the most strenuous conditions.
Performance & Customer Benefits
• Outstanding oxidation & thermal stability reduces sludge deposits and keeps the engine cleaner.
• Excellent engine protection by providing outstanding protection against wear.
• Improved fuel economy.
• Excellent dispersancy provides outstanding soot control in Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems.
• Extended TBN reserves provide improved acid neutralization and corrosion protection, which helps in extending oil drain intervals.
Product Description & Specifications
Specifications & Recommendations
Samic Optima Gold SAE 15W-40 CI-4/SL meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- API CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF, SL, SJ • Detroit Diesel 93K215
- ACEA E7/A3/B4 • CUMMINS CES 20076/7/20078
- CAT ECF-1a, ECF-2 • Deutz DQC –III-05
- MTU OIL Category 2 • Global DHD-1
- MAN M3275/MACK EO-M PLUS • MB 228.3/MB 229.1
Samic Optima Gold SAE 15W-40 CI-4/SL has the following builder approvals:
- VOLVO VDS-3
- MACK EO-N
- Renault VI RLD-2
|Typical Physical Characteristics Samic Optima Gold SAE||Test Method||Units||15W-40|
|Density @ 15 0C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||0.884|
|Viscosity @ 100 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||15.4|
|Viscosity @ 40 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||120|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||–||134|
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||°C||-33|
|Flash Point (COC)||ASTM D 92||°C||230|
|Total Base Number||ASTM D 2896||mg KOH/g||12.0|
|Sulfated Ash||ASTM D 874||% wt||1.2|
|CCS Viscosity||ASTM D 5293||cP||6000 @ -20 °C|