Product Description & Main Application
Samic Optima Ferrous SAE 15W-40 CF-4 diesel engine oil is formulated with high quality base stocks and selected additives to ensure optimum performance and protection for diesel engines requiring an API CF-4 specification. Suitable for diesel engines for both turbocharged and normally aspirated engines operating under severe service conditions in all seasons.
Product Description & Specifications
Performance & Customer Benefits
- Good oxidation & thermal stability reduces sludge build up and keeps the engine cleaner.
- Optimum wear protection to extend engine efficiency and service life.
- Improved fuel economy, due to high fluidity at low temperatures.
- Reduced oil consumption at high operating engine temperatures.
- Improved resistance to deposit formation keeps engine clean to give your vehicle maximum power under extreme operating conditions.
- Optimum TBN reserves provide improved acid neutralization and corrosion protection, especially in old heavy duty diesel engines.
Specifications & Recommendations
Samic Optima Ferrous SAE 15W-40 meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- API CF-4, CF, SJ
- ACEA E2
- MTU OIL Category-1
- MAN 270/271
- VOLVO VDS
- Deutz DQC –I-05
- MB 228.0/1
|Typical Physical Characteristics Samic Optima Ferrous SAE||Test Method||Units||15W-40|
|Density @ 15 0C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||0.884|
|Viscosity @ 100 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||15.4|
|Viscosity @ 40 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||120|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||–||134|
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||°C||-30|
|Flash Point (COC)||ASTM D 92||°C||230|
|Total Base Number||ASTM D 2896||mg KOH/g||8.0|
|CCS Viscosity||ASTM D 5293||cP||6000 @ -20 °C|