Product Description & Application
Samic Auto Cool ELC an ‘Extended Life Coolant’ is fill-for-life antifreeze concentrate, formulated with high quality Ethylene glycol and Organic Acid Technology (OAT) based corrosion inhibitor (BASF Glysantin G30) additive to provide year round automotive cooling system treatment. It is designed to provide complete cooling system protection in a concentration range of 33% (-18 0C) & 50% (-37 0C) by volume. It is free from nitrite, amine, phosphate, silicate and borate and based on mono ethylene glycol, which must be diluted with water before use.
Performance & Customer Benefits
- It gives outstanding protection against frost, corrosion and overheating in all modern engines, but especially highly loaded aluminum engines.
- It effectively protects against corrosion and deposits in the cooling system with its vital parts, the coolant channels in the block and cylinder head, the radiator, the water pump and the heater core.
- High boiling point delivers better cooling performance in high temperature operating conditions.
- Enhanced Corrosion inhibited liquid protects Diesel & Gasoline engines and radiator parts against rust & corrosion.
- Compatible with ordinary summer coolants.
- Compatible with materials generally used in automotive cooling systems like rubber hoses, gaskets, seals and plastic components.
- Balanced additive system to guard against corrosion of cast iron, steel, copper and aluminum alloys used for engine and radiator components.
Specifications & Recommendations
Samic Auto Cool ELC concentrate meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- MAN 324-SNF
- Mercedes-Benz DBL 7700.30, page 325.3
- MTU MTL 5048
- Porsche Carrera, Boxster, Cayenne
- Scania TI 02-98 0813 T/B/M sv
- VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Bentley/Lamborghini: TL 774-D/F
Typical Physical Characteristics
|Samic Auto Cool ELC||Units||Value|
|Chemical Nature||—||—||Mono Ethylene Glycol – Glysantin G30|
|Density @ 20 0C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||1.122 – 1.125|
|Color||ASTM D 1500||—||Magenta/Fluorescent Pink/Red|
|Viscosity @ 20 0C||ASTM 445||mm2/sec||22 – 26|
|Refraction @ 20 0C||DIN 51423||—||1.432 – 1.436|
|pH||ASTM D 1287||—||8.2 – 8.6|
|Boiling Point||ASTM D 1120||0C||>160|
|Flash Point||ASTM D 92||0C||>120|
|Freezing Point||ASTM D 1177||0C||N/A|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.
Freeze Protection Of SAMIC AUTO COOL ELC:
|Product Name||Samic Auto Cool ELC||Water||Freeze Protection, acc. ASTM D 1177|
|SAMIC AUTO COOL ELC -18 0C||33%||67%||-18 0C|
|SAMIC AUTO COOL ELC -37 0C||50%||50%||-37 0C|
Samic Auto Cool ELC must be diluted with water before use. It is hard water compatible and can be mixed with tap water* before filling into the cooling system to give solutions in the concentration range of 30 to 50 % by volume.
*For preparation of the coolant use clean, not overly hard water. Waste water from mining, sea water, brackish water, brine, industrial waste water are all unsuitable.
The analysis of the water should not exceed the following limits:
- Water hardness 0 to 20 °dGH (0 – 3.6 mmol/l)
- Chloride content max. 100 ppm
- Sulphate content max. 100 ppm
Should the analysis of the water exceed the approved limits, then it has to be suitably treated, for example by mixing with pure, distilled or deionised water. Excessive chloride or sulphate levels can be corrected in this way.
Procedure to use:
- Drain the previous radiator coolant according to the instructions provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
- In order to remove all traces of old fluid, flush the cooling system with clean water.
- Remove drain plug or bottom of radiator hose as appropriate to drain the flushing fluid.
- Refer to Owner’s Manual for volume of the engine coolant to be used in the system. Use at least (33%) of Pre-diluted radiator coolant to obtain a significant improvement in cavitation performance and cooling system protection. Top-up the engine cooling system with soft or de-mineralized water. This mixture will give effective corrosion protection.