Samic Excel Ivory SM/CF series is designed with fully synthetic base stocks and advanced technology additive system to provide extra high level of engine protection and performance. It is suitable for higher mileage gasoline and diesel powered modern automobiles requiring an API SM/CF specification, where very high viscosity index oils are preferred to provide much longer oil drain intervals in modern engines. It provides maximum protection in engines operating under severe conditions, including high-performance turbo-charged, supercharged gasoline and certain diesel multi-valve fuel injected systems.
Performance & Customer Benefits
- Excellent fuel economy & easy cold starts due to high fluidity at low temperatures.
- High viscosity index provides excellent resistant oil film, even at high engine operating temperatures.
- Excellent cleaning agents, reduces sludge and deposit formation which improves engine cleanliness.
- Outstanding oxidation & thermal stability, reduces oil ageing & helps in extending oil drain intervals.
- Excellent wear protection for greater engine reliability and performance.
Specifications & Recommendations
Samic Excel Ivory meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- API SM, SL, SJ,CF
- ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4
- MB 229.3/ 229.5
- VW 502.00/505.00
- BMW Long life- 01
- Porsche A40
Samic Excel Ivory series is suitable for use in following:
- Automotive gasoline, diesel engines and Moderate duty LPG vehicles.
- Passenger cars, SUVs, light trucks and vans.
- Suitable for all petrol engines with multi-valve & turbo types and with or without catalytic converter.
- Naturally aspirated or turbo-charged diesel engines in cars and light vans.
- Fuel injected or indirect injection diesel engines fitted with blow-by recirculation systems.
Typical Physical Characteristics
|Samic Excel Ivory||Test Method||Units||0W-30||0W-40|
|Density @ 15 oC||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||0.840||0.845|
|Viscosity @ 100 oC||ASTM D 445||cSt||10.4||14.30|
|Viscosity @ 40 oC||ASTM D 445||cSt||54.2||80.9|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||–||185||185|
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||°C||-48||-48|
|Flash Point (COC)||ASTM D 92||°C||228||236|
|Total Base Number||ASTM D 2896||mg KOH/g||8.4||8.4|
|Phosphorous||ASTM D 4951||%wt||0.098||0.098|
|CCS Viscosity||ASTM D 5293||cP||4050 @ -35 °C||4180 @ -35 °C|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.