Samic Optima Gold SAE 15W-40 CI-4/SL is high performance diesel engine oil formulated with highly refined base stocks and advanced technology additives to provide reliable performance in the latest emission designs, including those with EGR systems, as well as satisfying the needs of older engines. It may be used in naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesel and petrol engines, providing excellent protection even under the most strenuous conditions.
Performance & Customer Benefits
- Outstanding oxidation & thermal stability reduces sludge deposits and keeps the engine cleaner.
- Excellent engine protection by providing outstanding protection against wear.
- Improved fuel economy.
- Excellent dispersancy provides outstanding soot control in Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems.
- Extended TBN reserves provide improved acid neutralization and corrosion protection, which helps in
extending oil drain intervals.
Specifications & Recommendations
Samic Optima Gold SAE 15W-40 CI-4/SL meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- API CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF, SL, SJ
- ACEA E7/A3/B4
- CAT ECF-1a, ECF-2
- MTU OIL Category 2
- MAN M3275/MACK EO-M PLUS
- Detroit Diesel 93K215
- CUMMINS CES 20076/7/20078
- Deutz DQC –III-05
- Global DHD-1
- MB 228.3/MB 229.1
Samic Optima Gold SAE 15W-40 CI-4/SL has the following builder approvals:
- VOLVO VDS-3
- MACK EO-N
- Renault VI RLD-2
Typical Physical Characteristics
Samic Optima Gold SAE
|Density @ 15 °C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||0.884|
|Viscosity @ 100 °C||ASTM D 445||cSt||15.4|
|Viscosity @ 40 °C||ASTM D 445||cSt||120|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||–||134|
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||°C||-33|
|Flash Point (COC)||ASTM D 92||°C||230|
|Total Base Number||ASTM D 2896||mg KOH/g||12.0|
|Sulfated Ash||ASTM D 874||% wt||1.2|
|CCS Viscosity||ASTM D 5293||cP||6000 @ -20 °C|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.