Samic Synchro HD 80W140 GL-5 is a high-performance heavy-duty gear oil, formulated from high quality
Synthetic Blend of base oils and an advanced additive system. These lubricants are designed for
automotive heavy-duty transmissions, axles and final drives. Moreover, these oils are specially engineered
for heavy-duty axles and final drives where extreme pressures and shock loadings are expected.
Performance & Customer Benefits
• Exceptional thermal & oxidation stability protects against deposit formation and oil thickening, thus
maintains the life and performance of lubricant and transmission.
• Outstanding anti-wear properties and excellent film strength provides exceptional equipment
protection, that not only results in fewer breakdowns but also helps improve transmission efficiency.
• Excellent rust and corrosion protection for longer component life.
• Compatibility with seals and gaskets, leads to minimize oil leakage and reduced contamination.
Specifications & Recommendations
Samic Synchro HD 80W140 GL-5 is suitable for use in all Passenger cars, On-highway light and heavy duty
trucks, and commercial vehicles.
• Suitable for Heavy duty manual transmissions, axles and final drives requiring API GL-5 level
• Applications like Off-highway industries including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture.
• Other heavy-duty industrial and automotive applications, involving hypoid gears operating under
conditions where high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque, and/or low speed/high torque exists.
Typical Physical Characteristics
|Samic Synchro HD
|Density @ 15 0C
|ASTM D 4052
|Viscosity @ 40°C
|ASTM D 445
|Viscosity @ 100°C
|ASTM D 445
|ASTM D 2270
|ASTM D 97
|Flash Point (COC)
|ASTM D 92
|Copper Strip Corrosion
|ASTM D 130
|Foam Seq I, II, III
|ASTM D 892
|ASTM D 4951
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.